Maui - day 4
This was a big day in many respects! To recap, our day consisted of:
- Surfing - we all caught multiple waves and 'caught the bug' this morning. Star performers were the girls. Apparently ballet and dance help with balance and flexibility.
- More jellyfish stings - this time for Saira. Various home remedies were suggested, but in the end, a bottle of Negra Modelo seemed just as effective.
- Snorkeling in pristine coral - including a bite on the finger for Seth from a cornered Eel.
- A red hot lava rock run was the official exercise of the day for me, but truth be told, I burnt more calories trying to stand up on my surfboard this morning. Point Break, it wasn't.
- We got absolutely annihilated by big waves at Big Beach in the afternoon. A notorious wave. Albert lost his shorts and shirt in one particularly violent shore break! George snapped the leashes on two Boogie boards. The dads and older boys loved it, the smaller girls, not so much, as they were in danger of being snapped themselves.
- We visited 3 beaches in one day, and by the end we had multiple cuts, a lot of chafing, some lost blood, and one lost big toenail! No bones were broken; we will live to fight another day. Big smiles all around.
- We had Birthday cake for Jacob Bernard-Docker! Fifteen today - Happy Birthday Jake.
- An early night as we are all so done in!